- Finland has an energy strategy policy supporting the implementation of renewable energy production: until 2020 there will be 6TWh more energy production based on wind compared to year 2010.
- Finland has a stable, sustainable political climate and infrastructure.
- There is a lot of space for wind farms
- The public attitude for wind energy is mainly positive
- There is a clear legislation to secure beneficial investments, like the feed-in-tariff
- The planning process is well developed and is adapted continuously to the real conditions
- There is a clear target set up by the parliament and government: 2500MW nominal wind energy capacity until 2020.